What is AccuRadio?
Founded in 2000, AccuRadio is a multichannel, personalizable Internet radio property specifically designed to showcase the potential of the exciting new medium of Internet radio.
AccuRadio is the first personalizable Internet radio station designed specifically for adults with sophisticated musical tastes.
We currently reach over 500,000 unique listeners per month (and up to 1,000,000 unique listeners per month during the Christmas season) with an audience of as many 25,000 simultaneous listeners on weekdays during business hours (Internet radio's "prime time").
Featuring such adult-appeal genres as adult contemporary, classical, jazz, classic rock, Broadway, country, and world music, AccuRadio's audience is almost equally divided between the 25-34, 35-44, 45-54, and 55-64 age groups.
AccuRadio has been carefully constructed to help consumers discover new music, help musicians gain new fans, and help record companies sell music:
- We give exposure and airplay to dozens genres of music and thousands of artists that virtually never receive AM/FM radio airplay.
- We constantly display the title and artist and album name for the song that's playing.
- For each song that we play, we link to the appropriate Amazon page for purchasing that CD. We sell tens of thousands of dollars worth of CDs each month via our Amazon links, and, according to our listener surveys, directly influence the sales of $200,000 to $400,000 more from other retailers.
- We are always happy to work with record labels to help promote new releases (as we have done with Sony Music, WB Records, Angel/EMI, and Bloodshot Records), including promoting those releases to our 300,000-person mailing list.
- We are fully licensed by ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, SoundExchange and the RIAA.
65 E. Wacker Place
Chicago, IL 60601