What is AccuRadio?
AccuRadio is a multichannel Internet radio station specifically designed to showcase the potential of the exciting new medium of Internet radio! To get started, pick any channel and click the "Play" button - music will start playing just like AM/FM radio, except on AccuRadio you can skip songs, ban artists/songs you don't like and so much more!
AccuRadio is also the first multichannel Internet radio station designed specifically for adults with sophisticated musical tastes.
We currently reach over 400,000 unique listeners per month (and up to 1,000,000 unique listeners per month during the Christmas season) with an audience of as many 14,000 simultaneous listeners on weekdays during business hours (Internet radio's "prime time").
AccuRadio's audience is approximately 60/40 male/female and almost equally divided between the 25-34, 35-44, and 45-54 age groups, with an average age of 41.
AccuRadio supports musicians and labels
AccuRadio has been carefully constructed to help record companies and recording artists sell records:
(1) We give exposure and airplay to numerous genres of music and hundreds of artists that virtually never receive broadcast radio airplay.
(2) We constantly display the title and artist and album name for the song that's playing.
(3) We link to the appropriate Amazon page for purchasing the music we play on AccuRadio.
(4) We sell almost $40,000 worth of CDs per month via our Amazon links, and, according to our listener surveys, directly influence the sales of $200,000 to $400,000 more from other retailers.
(5) We stream at a bit-rate which makes for a good-sounding Internet radio station but is not quite a quality level that most consumers feel is a substitute for CD ownership.
(6) We are always happy to work with record labels to help promote new releases (as we have done with Sony Music, WB Records, Angel/EMI, and Bloodshoot Records), including promoting those releases to our 600,000-person mailing list.
We are fully licensed by ASCAP, BMI, SESAC, SoundExchange and the RIAA.
65 E. Wacker Place
Chicago, IL 60601
Online: Open a new discussion