AccuRadio on Android
AccuRadio on Android
Our Android mobile app is free! Here's where you can find it in the Google Play store:
AccuRadio app for Android
This version of our app contains features familiar to our Android users, such as access to your Favorites and History while logged in. Five Star Radio is now also available for logged-in mobile users who have unlocked their Five Star channel.
Here some are tips and instructions for common questions about using this app.
Closing the Music Player
If you are listening to music using the AccuRadio app on your Android device, dismissing the window just sends it into the background. It may continue to play music, and even if music is paused, it will continue to use power.
To properly close the Android app, tap the three horizontal dots in the upper right corner of the screen while the player is open.
Then select "Close Player" from the drop-down menu.
Mobile Data Usage
If you enjoy using AccuRadio through your Android device on the go, it's important to make sure mobile data is turned on. Lack of access to data when you aren't connected to wifi can cause AccuRadio to crash.
On the other hand, if you prefer to limit your data consumption by only using the app while on Wifi, you'll want to turn mobile data off.
- Open the Settings menu.
- Under the General tab, scroll down to Apps.
Select AccuRadio from the list of apps on your device.
Then select Data.
- If you only use AccuRadio on wifi, turn the "Restrict background data" switch ON. This prevents the app from using your mobile data.
- If you use AccuRadio on the go, turn the "Restrict background data" switch to OFF. This will allow AccuRadio to stream content using your mobile data.
Five Star Radio
Five Star Radio is now available on Android mobile devices!
As long as you
* are logged in, and * have rated at least 20 songs, you'll be able to listen to your very own Five Star Radio. Be sure to check out the official Five Star FAQ on our website for more information.
When you're logged in, your Five Star channel will always appear at the top of your Favorites. You'll be able to see it on your Home screen and also under the Favorites tab.
For additional information, please see these Knowledge Base articles:
- Can I get AccuRadio on my [insert device name here]?
- Technical Issues and AccuRadio
- Playback Stops Mid-Song
Have an Android question our Knowledge Base doesn't cover? - Let us know!