announcer and ??ads

ellen

01 Jan, 2018 05:14 PM

Recently the male voice that speaks things like 'accuradio for your day at work' is getting more frequent. Once an hour is as much as I can tolerate having this voice interrupt my music, and would rather hear from it only on arriving and departing at Accuradio.

Also, my music has recently been interrupted by-- horror -- audio ads. What's that about? Please stop it, or I will find another music feed.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Paul Maloney on 11 Jan, 2018 11:59 PM

Hi, thanks for writing.

AccuRadio has always had advertising between songs. Since nothing is free to us, we are obligated to pay the composers, publishers, record labels, and performers an increasingly large sum of money to stream the music we play, regardless of our revenue. We also need to develop and support the technology that makes AccuRadio possible, the hosting and streaming of our programming, our staff that develops the channels and designs the website, our business staff, offices, etc.

As such, like the countless FM broadcasters and television stations that insert advertising into their content so they can provide their audience a free service to enjoy, we base our business on advertising revenue.

Our recommendation for listeners who wish to hear uninterrupted music is to subscribe to a premium online music service, instead of free internet radio.

We appreciate your input.

2. Paul Maloney closed this discussion on 11 Jan, 2018 11:59 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AccuRadio please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac

Recent Discussions

20 Jan, 2018 03:41 AM
20 Jan, 2018 01:39 AM
20 Jan, 2018 12:29 AM