AccuRadio probably shut down my computer

Ken Lightburn

04 Sep, 2017 03:34 PM

Hi
Love your Accuradio but......
I was listening to a tune in the Saxaphone station (Smooth Jazz Sax) , not sure of the name but a photo of a lemon, done by Warner Bros in 1994 and I was on another computer and I believe a virus from that tune may have shut down my computer.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Crystal on 05 Sep, 2017 08:45 PM

Hello Ken,

Thanks for letting us know, and sorry that happened. If your browser or computer crashes as you describe, I would suggest doing a full malware scan on your machine (and if you're at work, letting your IT department know in case they want to secure the network), and clear your browser's cache and cookies (here's how):
    Playback Stops / Channel Stuck Loading

Other than that, can you give us any details on what's happening? When is the last time you've had an issue? Does an action trigger something? Does it take over our web page? Does it happen WHILE you listen to AccuRadio? What do you see?

If we can be of any further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks again for your patience, and for listening,

CE

2. Crystal closed this discussion on 05 Sep, 2017 08:45 PM.

3. Kenneth Lightburn re-opened this discussion on 06 Sep, 2017 02:40 PM

4. 2 Posted by Kenneth Lightbu... on 06 Sep, 2017 02:40 PM

Hi Crystal
    Happened three times in one day 4th. Last time was accompanied by an unpleasant noise, may have been out of the room for the others. Were you manning it over the long weekend?
    I work on two computers and run Accuradio on one so not often watching it. So yes I was listening but not watching.

Best regards,

Ken Lightburn
    Assured Organics Inc, Nature's Approved
    17 Hillcrest View
    Hartsdale, NY 10530
    (914) 428 6800
    www.NaturesApproved.com
    www.garliccoconutoil.com
    www.peppermintcoconutoil.com
    www.AssuredOrganics.com
    [cid:[email blocked]]

5. Support Staff 3 Posted by Crystal on 06 Sep, 2017 05:50 PM

Hello Ken,

Based on your description, it sounds as though this shutdown may have been related to an ad that was playing audio at the same time as our music. Such ads are in violation of our ad policies and are removed from the site as soon as possible. If you should notice ads playing audio over music in the future, any information you can collect about them (such as the name of the company and product, or a screenshot of the ad if possible), will help us track down and remove these ads.

If you have other questions, or if we can be of further assistance, please let us know.

Thanks again for your patience, and for listening,

CE

6. Crystal closed this discussion on 06 Sep, 2017 05:50 PM.

7. Kenneth Lightburn re-opened this discussion on 06 Sep, 2017 06:34 PM

8. 4 Posted by Kenneth Lightbu... on 06 Sep, 2017 06:34 PM

Thanks. Adds playing over music has happened a lot recently. Happened about 2 weeks ago many times.

9. 5 Posted by Kenneth Lightbu... on 08 Sep, 2017 02:16 PM

Crashed my Firefox twice this morning. I give up. Was proceeded by very bad sound reproduction the first time.

10. Crystal closed this discussion on 12 Sep, 2017 08:55 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AccuRadio please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac