play list

james

29 Aug, 2017 10:47 PM

I have benn listening to accuradio for about four years I just started listening to best jazz of 2015 and I find that you play the same songs day to day not only with this channel but all the channels I lieten to WHY is that.

1. Support Staff 1 Posted by Crystal on 30 Aug, 2017 09:01 PM

Hello James,

With a few small exceptions noted below, our music channels generate a truly random playlist when you launch them. Depending on how many songs are in a particular channel, there's always a chance you may hear a song or two which you've heard within the previous day.

If you're logged in, those songs you've rated 4 or 5 stars are slightly more likely to be played. Additionally, songs with a higher average rating by all users will be played slightly more often overall. Our playlist generator will do its best not to repeat anything you've heard in the last hour or so. All these functions should happen in the background and not be very noticeable under most circumstances.

However, if you especially love one of our 1000+ channels and listen to it every day, over time you'll be introduced to most or all of the songs in it. We do periodically refresh existing channels, and we're always creating new channels. Our Featured section and email newsletters are a great place to look for more channels you might enjoy. You can also take advantage of our Blend feature, to combine more than one channel you already enjoy and create a bigger playlist:
    Blending / Mixing Channels Together

Hopefully this answers your question.

Have a great day, and thanks for listening,

CE

2. Crystal closed this discussion on 30 Aug, 2017 09:01 PM.

Discussions are closed to public comments.
If you need help with AccuRadio please start a new discussion.

Keyboard shortcuts

Generic

? Show this help
ESC Blurs the current field

Comment Form

r Focus the comment reply box
^ + ↩ Submit the comment

You can use Command ⌘ instead of Control ^ on Mac